Early check-in at Jewel Changi Airport can be a game-changer for travelers looking to optimize their time in Singapore and Changi Airport. This service allows you to drop off your baggage ahead of your scheduled departure, leaving you free to explore the various attractions, dining options, and shops that Changi Airport and Jewel have to offer without the encumbrance of luggage. Understanding how to take advantage of early check-in can significantly enhance your airport experience, providing a more relaxed transition to your flight.
Once your luggage is checked, you receive your boarding pass and baggage claim tickets, leaving you free to enjoy Jewel Changi’s offerings before your next flight, like the iconic Rain Vortex, Canopy Park, and a wide selection of retail stores and eateries.
Read below for a short guide and my early check-in experience at Jewel Changi.
Understanding Jewel Early Check-In Facility Procedures
When traveling via Changi Airport, understanding the procedures at the Jewel Early Check-in Lounge is beneficial. This will ensure a smoother journey through one of the world’s most iconic airports.
Check-In Policy Overview
The early check-in feature allows you to check in for your flight and drop off your luggage ahead of the standard check-in time. Specific airlines provide this service at Jewel Changi:
- Eligible Airlines: Most but not all airlines offer early check-in.
- Time Frame: Typically, you can check in 3 to 24 hours before your flight, but this varies between airlines.
- Location and Timing: Early check-in counters can be found on Level 1 in Jewel Changi Airport (opens daily from 8:00 am to 12:00 am)
- Documents Needed: Your passport, flight ticket, and any other travel documents required by your airline.
Please verify with your airline for exact timings and requirements.
The Jewel Early Check-in Facility is available for travelers flying with:
- AirAsia – From 3 to 24 hours before Flight Departure Time
- Air France (only from 12 pm to 10 pm) – On the same day, at least 3 hours before Flight Departure Time
- Emirates (only from 12 pm to 10 pm) – On the same day, at least 3 hours before Flight Departure Time
- EK353 passengers (STD 0030H) can check-in the day before
- Fiji Airways (only from 12 pm to 6 pm on Monday and Saturday; only from 8 am to 10:30 am on Thursday) – On the same day, at least 3 hours before Flight Departure Time
- Finnair (only from 12 pm to 6:30 pm) – On the same day, at least 3 hours before Flight Departure Time
- Japan Airlines – From 3 to 12 hours before Flight Departure Time
- Jetstar – From 3 to 12 hours before Flight Departure Time
- Juneyao Air (only from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm) – On the same day, at least 3 hours before Flight Departure Time
- KLM (only from 12 pm to 10 pm) – On the same day, at least 3 hours before Flight Departure Time
- KL836 passengers (STD 0140H) can check-in the day before
- Malaysia Airlines – On the same day, at least 3 hours before Flight Departure Time
- Philippine Airlines (only from 8 am to 9:30 pm) – On the same day, at least 3 hours before Flight Departure Time
- PR510 passengers (STD 0020H) can check-in the day before
- Qantas – From 3 to 24 hours before Flight Departure Time
- Qatar Airways – From 3 to 12 hours before Flight Departure Time
- Scoot (excluding Jeddah) – From 3 to 18 hours before Flight Departure Time
- Singapore Airlines (excluding the United States of America) – From 3 to 24 hours before Flight Departure Time
- Thai Airways (only from 8 am to 9:30 pm) – On the same day, at least 3 hours before Flight Departure Time
- Turkish Airlines (only applicable to TK55, open from 2 pm to 8:30 pm) – On the same day, at least 3 hours before Flight Departure Time
Benefits of Early Check-In
Maximizing Your Time: By checking in early, you free up valuable time to enjoy the Jewel Changi experience without the worry of your luggage.
- Less Rush During Peak Hours: You can avoid longer queues and potential delays during the airport’s busy periods.
- Access to Airport Amenities: With your boarding pass, experience Jewel Changi’s attractions, including the Rain Vortex and Canopy Park. There are also plenty of things to do for free at Singapore’s Changi Airport.
- Additional Preparation Time: Secure boarding passes early and resolve any travel issues beforehand.
Take advantage of these benefits to enhance your travel experience.Klook.com
Step-by-Step Guide to Early Check-In At Jewel Changi
Find out how you can check in early at Jewel Changi Airport in this guide which walks you through the necessary preparations, the on-the-day process, and using the kiosk check-in facilities.
- Verify Eligibility: Ensure your airline offers early check-in at Jewel Changi. Not all airlines provide this service, and times can vary.
- Check Timings: Early check-in is typically available up to 24 hours before your flight. Confirm the exact time window with your airline.
- Prepare Documents: Have your passport, flight ticket, and visa (if required) ready. Carry any additional documents your airline may need for early check-in.
- Arrival: Arrive at Jewel Changi. If you’re transiting, there are signages in Changi Airport that can lead you to Jewel.
- Locate Counters: Find the Jewel Early Check-In Lounge on the ground floor. It’s located near Changi Lounge and the Baggage Storage.
- Queue System: Follow the queue system at the counter and wait for your turn. Practicing patience during peak periods is advised.
Kiosk Check-In Option
- Find Kiosk: Locate a self-service kiosk. These are situated in the front area of the Jewel Changi Early Check-In Facility and can expedite your check-in process.
- Input Details: Interact with the touchscreen to enter your flight details. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the check-in.
- Print Boarding Pass: Collect your boarding pass from the kiosk once printed. Kiosks can also usually print baggage tags if you’re carrying checked luggage.
Tips for a Smooth Early Check-In Experience
Early Check-In Lounge Timings
Aside from checking if your airline is eligible for early check-in, you also have to consider your flight time if it’s within the facility’s operation hours. Jewel Changi Early Check-In Lounge is open daily from 8:00 am to 12:00 am. Typically, you can check in 3 to 24 hours before your flight.
Otherwise, if your flight departs in less than 3 hours, you have to check in at your respective terminal in Changi Airport.
Always have your documents ready for a swift early check-in process. Essential items include:
- Valid Passport
- Airline Ticket: Either a digital copy or a printed version.
- Visa Documentation: If applicable to your destination.
Baggage Handling Advice
For a hassle-free check-in, follow these baggage tips:
- Pre-weigh your luggage at home or in Singapore Changi Airport’s baggage weighing scales (found in the Departure Halls in all terminals) to prevent overweight charges.
- Label your bags clearly with your name and contact information.
- Verify restrictions for carry-ons and check-in luggage with your airline to avoid last-minute repacking at the airport.
My Jewel Changi Airport Early Check-In Experience (Scoot)
Arriving around 6 am at Terminal 2 of Changi Airport, I was still too early for everything. The Rain Vortex is still closed (opens around 10 am or 11 am depending on the day) but at least the dining options and lounge are already open.
I didn’t want to leave my luggage in the Baggage Storage since I only had to wait for a couple of hours for the Early Check-In Lounge to open so I just walked around and stayed at a cafe.
Once the Early Check-In Facility was open, I walked up to a kiosk because there was hardly any staff around (I only saw a couple of them, one was assisting another traveler). The check-in procedure at the kiosk was easy enough.
I was asked to scan my passport, put in my flight booking reference, choose a seat, add how many bags I had for check-in, and then I collected my boarding pass and bag tags.
After putting the bag tags on my luggage, I proceeded to the bag drop area at the back and asked for assistance to help with the baggage drop process. The whole process is pretty straightforward, using the kiosk in front of the conveyor and choosing your airline on the screen to start the baggage drop. It will show your current bag weight and weight allowance. There are also tubs available for smaller bags.
After the bag drop, the machine will print a paper slip in which you can see the following information:
- Issue Date
- Booking Reference
- Departure and Arrival Destination
- Flight details
- Number of Bags
- Bag Tag Number/s
Once done, I proceeded to Changi Airport Lounge to relax before Rain Vortex and the other Jewel Changi features opened up.