Planning to travel to Turkey (Türkiye) soon from Qatar? To help you achieve your travel plans, here’s a guide on how to apply for Turkey Tourist Visa in Qatar for Filipinos and other nationalities!
As one of the transcontinental countries where East meets West, Turkey (Türkiye) is also one of the most popular destinations in the world, especially its largest city Istanbul. As such, a lot of expats in the Middle East especially in Gulf countries (like Qatar) include it on their travel lists.
Do I need a tourist visa to visit Turkey (Türkiye)?
Do Qatar residents need a tourist visa for Turkey?
For the purposes of tourism, Turkey issues the regular sticker visa as well as e-visa. You can check here if you want to know if your country of origin needs a tourist visa or e-visa to enter Turkey. Some nationalities are also allowed to enter Turkey just with their national I.D.
Filipinos can get 30 days single entry visa via e-visa or sticker visa through the Turkish Embassy.
Where to apply for a Turkish sticker tourist visa in Qatar? 
- Location: 3rd Floor (301), Jaidah Square, Al Matar Street (Airport Road) Doha, Qatar
- Submission: 8 am – 3:30 pm (Saturday – Thursday, except for public holidays)
- Passport collection: 1 pm – 5 pm (Saturday – Thursday, except for public holidays)
- Phone: +974 3106 2114
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.mosaicvisa.com
Documents required for Turkey tourist visa applicants from Qatar
Note: We processed our visa application with VFS Global in 2017, the same office where Mosaic Visa is now.
Here is the list of requirements that you must have before setting an appointment for your Turkey Tourist Visa:
Important: All documents must have an English version
- Passport (valid for at least 6 months upon arrival in Turkey and have a minimum of 2 blank pages available
- Copy of passport’s data page (A4 size)
- Previously obtained Turkey, Schengen, UK, USA visa copies (if any)
- Valid residence permit in Qatar and its copy (A4 size)
- 2 biometric recent photo (50 x 60 mm) and white background with a frontal view of the face. The photo should have been no older than 6 months)
- Original employment letter (the letter should not be older than 1 month)
- Financial status document: Bank account statements for at least 3 months showing salary transfer with adequate funds available (details below)
- Hotel reservation or proof of accommodation in Turkey (covering the intended days in Turkey)
- Round trip flight reservation
- Travel medical insurance
- Signed letter explaining the purpose of travel (written in English or Turkish)
- Visa application form
- If necessary, birth certificate or marriage certificate (Translated to English or Turkish)
- If previously resided in Turkey, residence document
- Documents of properties in Qatar belonging to person (title deed, license, etc) – if any
- Documents of properties in Turkey belonging to person (title deed, license, etc) – if any
- Bank account statements in Turkey – if any
- If dual citizen, the relevant document
- For minors, if traveling unaccompanied by parents, consent letter signed by both parents. Both parents should come and submit the application of the minor applicant
Visa application form should be filled and signed.
Valid residence permit should be valid for at least 3 months from the date of submission
Sponsor letter (Employment Letter) should mention salary, position, duration of employment, duration of vacation leave, documentation proving the applicant will return to Qatar, contact details, and official seal and signature.
Letter of invitation is not needed if a hotel reservation is available.
Make sure to submit a printed copy of your hotel and flight reservations.
Financial status document pertains to your bank certificate (please see details below how to get a bank certificate). Bank account statements (3 months) should show salary transfer with adequate funds available (QR 10,000) and is originally stamped and signed by the bank). It should not be older than 10 days.
Round trip flight reservation: It’s highly recommended not to buy flight ticket before the visa is granted. Reservation/booking is acceptable.
Valid travel health/medical insurance should cover the entire period of intended stay in Turkey and the minimum coverage shall be EUR 30,000 and 15 days. It should include repatriation expenses. For the travel cards, travel policy will be required. If applying for multiple, insurance must be valid for at least 1 year.
Photo specifications for Turkey (Türkiye) Visa
Your photograph should be 50×60 mm with white background and not older than 6 months. The face should be a minimum of 31 mm and a maximum of 36 mm. The photograph should show your face clearly with a neutral expression and without the hair tucked behind the ear.
You can have your photo taken at any of the photography studios in the country. Just let them know of the photo requirements beforehand. Usually, there are photo studios or digital print shops in malls or supermarkets.
Where to download the Visa Application Form
You can download the Turkey Visa Application form at the MFA website.
Hotel and flight reservations
Instead of just reserving flights, we already booked our flights via Pegasus Airlines months before our trip. You can, however, present a flight reservation instead of confirmed flights.
Qatar Airways and Turkish Airlines also fly direct from Doha to Istanbul.
How to get a Bank Certificate in Qatar
Just proceed to your local bank and request a bank certificate for 3 months. You only need to present your QID and Debit Card. The payment will be automatically deducted from your debit account. One month is 10 QAR (Commercial Bank rate). After printing the bank certificate (signed & stamped), you’re good to go.
Take note that the bank certificate I requested was only for my current/savings account.
Where to get valid health insurance
There are a lot of companies in Qatar where you can get your travel insurance, like AXA or QIC. Mosaic Visa also offers travel health insurance services inside their office, which is guaranteed by the Turkish Ministry of Health.
How much are the fees for Turkey tourist visa application?
How much is a tourist visa to Turkey? Here are Mosaic Visa’s Fees (as of April 2023):
|Single Entry Visa Fee (with 3 months insurance)||QR 674|
|Single Entry Visa Fee (with 1 year insurance)||QR 824|
|Multiple Entry Visa Fee (with 1 year insurance)||QR 1299|
According to Mosaic Visa, please refrain from bringing the following items during your appointment date:
Due to the security reasons, the following items are restricted to be brought into or stored in the Application Center:
- Firearms, explosives
- Sharp objects
- Flammable materials
- Battery-operated or electronic devices (laptops, cameras, etc)
- Sealed envelopes or packages
- All bags such as travel bags, backpack, briefcase, luggage, leather / jute / textile bags and zippered document holders, etc. Only permitted is the plastic file which contains documents related to your application.
Turkey Tourist Visa Application in Qatar
You can submit your Turkey tourist sticker visa requirements at your chosen Turkey Embassy-approved visa center. According to Mosaic Visa, visa applications must be made 90 days before travel.
After completing all the required documents set an appointment with a Turkey visa application center. Applicants must be present during submission as the Turkey visa requires fingerprint enrollment (biometric).
Payment: Don’t forget to bring cash to pay for the visa and service fees.
On the day of your appointment, make sure to get there at least 15 minutes in advance. After submitting the complete documents and paying for the visa and service fees, we were given the receipt with the Reference number (code). The officer informed us that the Turkey tourist visa processing time is approximately 7 – 10 working days (although in an earlier email 15 working days was the indicated processing time, depending on the Turkish embassy).
Note: We got our visa in 6 days. I heard that during peak months, it can take up to 20 days of processing time.
How to Apply for Turkey (Türkiye) e-Visa (online Visa)
Getting an e-visa is so fast and easy as per the Turkey MFA, you can finish it within 3 minutes as long as you have your valid travel document (passport) and valid credit or debit card.
See the video below for more info on the 3 step process:
For more information on the Turkey e-visa before you apply online, check out the information here and here at the e-visa portal run by the Republic of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Check for e-visa fees here or at the Apply button.
As for Filipinos, we can only apply for the 30-day single-entry e-visa if you have the following valid visa or residence permit already: Schengen, USA, Ireland, or the UK. Visa Fee is 20 USD. Payment options for Turkey e-visa application: Mastercard, VISA, or UnionPay credit card.
Applicant must also prove that a return ticket, hotel reservation, and a minimum of 50 USD per day are available.
Do take note that when filling up your details, that everything matches on your passport, or else you would have to re-apply and pay again for another e-visa!
If you have inquiries regarding the process or any relevant issue, you contact the Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Disclaimer: I only applied for the Turkey Tourist Visa (sticker) and not the e-visa. I’m also not affiliated with any visa application center and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs so if you have any questions not covered by their INFO and FAQ pages, best to email them directly. 😉
Where to go and what to see in Turkey (Türkiye)
Straddling two continents, there is an abundance of places to see and experience – from famous mosques and museums like Blue Mosque and Aya Sofya in Istanbul, the Roman Empire ruins in Ephesus, the unique landscape of Cappadocia with its fairy chimneys, the travertine terraces of Pamukkale, the mammoth stone heads at Mount Nemrut’s summit, beaches near the Mediterranean side, and many more.
Read here if you need 10 more reasons to travel to Turkey!
READ MORE ON TURKEY
- Where to stay in Istanbul: Hammamhane | Peradays
- Why join a food tour in Istanbul
- Where to stay in Cappadocia: Artemis Cave Suites
- Pocket WiFi review
- Bucket List: Hot Air Ballooning in Cappadocia
LIKE IT? PIN IT!